Series of Online Workshops for the 3rd Roadmapping Cycle
DAREnet is organising a series of online workshops on dedicated sub-domains focusing on “equipment” for flood response and flood management. The workshops are part of DAREnet’s 3rd Research and Innovation Roadmapping Cycle. The outcomes of the discussions within the webinars will be fed into the 3rd edition of the DAREnet Research and Innovation Roadmap (for earlier editions, please see here).
The following topics will be addressed in the webinars:
- Hygienic Measures: Detection technologies for contaminated water Protective measures | 8 September 2020 | 13:00-15:00 | REGISTRATION
- Securing Evacuated Areas: Surveillance of evacuated areas Prevention of accidental or deliberate entry | 16 September 2020 | 11:00-13:00 | REGISTRATION
- Social Media Handling: Increasing importance of Social Media as support or coordination activity but risk of incorrect or (deliberate) false information Main focus on data analysis technologies | 22 September 2020 | 11:00-13:00 | REGISTRATION
- Levee Defence/ Levee control/ Flood Protection Measures: Control and detection of possible weak points and damages, levees for the temporary accumulation of water masses, planning and installations of the protective measures, supporting processes and logistics | 23 September 2020 | 11:00-13:00 | REGISTRATION
- Water Rescue & Boat Operations: Rescuing trapped or wedged people, rescuing form water-related hazards, supply or evacuation of affected people, driving boats in high risks flooded areas | 23 September 2020 | 11:00-13:00 | REGISTRATION
We kindly invite all first responders and practitioners to join and discuss with us the gaps but also the innovation potential of the above topics.
Let’s innovate flood response and management together!